From: Center for the Book state centers communication [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Iowa Center for the Book Coordinator
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Strategic Plans

Hi all,

Bonnie, is the Illinois Center for the Book governed by the State Library? Or your Board?

The Iowa Center for the Book has an Advisory Council. They could go through a strategic planning process, but the results would not be binding. Since we are a program of the State Library, any strategic plan would have to find a home within the larger State Library plan.

Every two years we do  a "Future Project's" discussion at our Council meeting. This helps bring in new ideas and gives members as much ownership in ICB as possible.

Robin

Robin E. Martin, MLS
Coordinator, Iowa Center for the Book
Iowa Library Services/State Library