"I've attended three consecutive RSDs, but I'm not sure I'll participate
in RSD this year. The manufactured exclusivity of the often overpriced
records and their unequal distribution/availability are problematic."

I'm in complete agreement with that.

The other thing I'll add is, my tastes run distinctly modern, and I have a
hard time paying money for releases on vinyl when the odds that it was
24-bit LPCM at some point are quite high (even for remasters, etc.).
Especially when I know the albums might wind up on high-resolution internet
stores a few months later.