Hey Tom,

I hear where you're coming from, but I'm not sure in 2015 it's so much a
problem. (happy to be wrong, because it just further proves my point! :) )
 What I've read on mastering boards (I know...) is that most cutting
mastering studios that work from--or delay by--digital have upgraded their
digital component to 24-bit, and given how cheap professional, 24-bit D/A's
and A/D's have been the last ten years, this would make sense.

Regarding artwork, that gets into subjectives and personal valuation, which
I don't want to get into because, at the least, it would hi-jack the thread.

Jim