This is a CD release which Tom's post brings to mind. I knew of it in
advance, because the TCB reps pitched it at the Allegro Conference the year
it was released.

http://www.jazzmessengers.com/en/15219/quincy-jones/srd-vol-1-lausanne-1960-quincy-jones-big-band

The band, as Tom recommends, was truly excellent.

David N. Lewis
Hamilton, OH