I have been looking into my options for getting from NYC to the conference
out in Steeltown and have found that Amtrak is reasonably priced, but not
particularly convenient for my return (it leaves at 6-something in the
morning) and plane fares are pretty steep and most of them are not
non-stop, with detours to Washington, DC or Philadelphia and taking 4 or
more hours in total, so I thought I would see if anyone from the metro area
(or even Philadelphia or DC) is planning on driving out there. If you are
and would like someone to pay for the gas and tolls, I'd like to hear from
you off-list. If you are anywhere on the eastern seaboard that is serviced
by Amtrak, NJ Transit or Metro North within a few hours of the city, that
would work for me.

We're both on this list, we must have SOMETHING in common to talk about for
6-7 hours.

Cheers,

Peter Hirsch