And there is always the issue of: did they set the azimuth right for the
"worn out" sounding masters?  I know that's a basic thing, but I have
learned in life to ask the dumb questions.  I also don't know what "worn
out" sounding means.  Unless they were playing the master tapes at parties
or something, there is no reason they would be "worn out." If there were a
more specific response about what is wrong with them, perhaps the issues
could be addressed.

Best,
John