I second Larry's comment.  Access drove me nuts too, and wasn't worth the
aggravation.

I use a single template but maintain separate databases for my cylinders,
78s, LPs, CDs, radio broadcasts, and videos.  Every once in a while I merge
them into a single database.  I love the ease with which I can search &
sort in FileMaker.

-Rob