Interesting points about azimuth in these circumstances, Tom.  Of course
once everything has been digitized, it's hard to address azimuth "errors"
except with EQ, and there is a limit on what can be done with that.  This
is an issue Richard Hess has been working on, I believe.

And to Richard, I hope you will find time to publish something about that
very useful information.  I know a Journal that I bet would be interested

Best,
John