In case you're in town to see the controversial Bjork exhibit  ... (or something more compelling),
this little exhibit is on the 3rd floor:
https://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/exhibitions/1523

Walls of eye candy record covers (mostly pop and rock), plus some iconic pieces of hifi and
music-making gear. I was surprised and happy to see, in their own display case, the Command pop
record covers by Josef Albers. I would have liked to see more historic album covers, particularly
more 78 albums and more David Stone Martin Verve and Grand Award covers. Also more text and emphasis
on the art of LP cover design.

The related blog posts are interesting, too:
http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/tag/making-music-modern-design-for-ear-and-eye
especially the one about the ground-breaking Moog concert:
http://www.moma.org/explore/inside_out/2015/03/10/sounds-from-outer-space-the-moog-at-moma

-- Tom Fine