http://www.americastalkradionetwork.com/category/thd_rssfeed/

check out the theory espoused in the 4/19/15 show -- Steve Jobs and the iPod are what killed
surround sound! I'd more "blame" the near-zero WAF (wife acceptance factor) for 5 or 7 speakers in
the living room. Plus the total lack of interest among most TV viewers and music listeners. But, the
move to earbuds and ultra-portable audio did reduce speaker-based listening in general.

-- Tom Fine

PS -- when you have the president of an audiophile group telling the host of an audio-oriented radio
show that "no one" listens to surround-sound audio-only content anymore, I would say that bodes very
badly for any long-term viability for already-niche SACD and Bluray audio formats.