Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Elvis' 1st Recording Digitally Transferred at
the Country Music Hall of Fame
From: Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, April 16, 2015 10:56 pm
To: [log in to unmask]

THIS is an interesting and important tidbit. If it has been previously
re-issued, it is not such a big deal, except for the video of it being
played.There is no evidence of the digital recording in the video that I
saw -I think it was staged for the glorification of the guy in the hat!
Basically a publicity stunt, probably re-created and not actual. Or am I
too cynical?

Any info on the RCA issues?

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689415-883-2689

On Apr 16, 2015, at 7:25 PM, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> As for the Elvis disc and the family, Elvis had given the disc at the
> time it was recorded to a friend who had a phonograph so he could listen
> to it. The friend later became an airline pilot. When he retired a few
> years ago the record surfaced and I thought he had given it back to the
> family. Apparently not. It had been used by RCA for issues but it now
> was auctioned off by the pilot's family.
>
> Mike Biel [log in to unmask]

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype