Hi Tom,

As your & other aol emails keep getting sent to my spam folder, I missed your reply & also have not seen my response either.

My apologies to those who have heard al this before

Our Miracle Record Cleaner [MRC] will readily handle most light to modest deposits using the same procedure described for cleaning shellac,vinyl, acetate & Diamond Discs.  It’s available in hardcopy as a  pamphlet that accompanies all orders and as a pdf fie at the web site.

The process requires a distilled water wash & wash/rinse fluids can be removed by vacuum or with high nap, pure cotton terrycloth.

The MRC-based product with an enhanced buffer capacity is only intended for heavy deposits of the palmitic acid residue you see as white ghosting or encrusted groove.  It is used the same way the basic MRC solution is described.

Simply put, we increased the ability of the solution to dissolve the palmitic acid by forming a water soluble salt.  We chose this specific buffer because of its well demonstrated effectiveness, safety & high water solubility.  The description “biological buffer" refers to its well defined activity, purity & safety in biological/biochemical & chemical applications.   This allows us to kept the lacquer-active hydroxide concentration low, minimizing any chance the matrix will be attacked.

Attempting to set cleaning standards & establishing confidence in the long term safety of cleaned media, requires much more time and effort than someone’s favorite soap/detergent & any scrubby brush.  I wish it was different; then the MRC would have been released 5-6 yrs. sooner.

It’s always been about the music …

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Duane Goldman