Tom,

I have that 1990 CD. And yes, this transfer sounds way better already. Some
very slight digital noise reduction and you'll have a beautiful sounding
acetate.

I've done wet transfers before (I once spent the day with Mr. Stoker at his
studio - an incredibly nice guy). The trick is not to use too much fluid,
otherwise it builds up underneath the stylus, producing audible artifacts (I
forget the technical term for it). It does work, however, there are certain
discs you can't transfer wet -- Edisons being one of them.

Jeff

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:00:09 -0400, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>The Youtube version from the RCA CD isn't all that bad. There's probably
more top end to be
>recovered. For an Elvis reissue of that era, it's not full of digital
over-processing artifacts.

>Regarding Lou's HIGHLY cynical suggestion, yes I think it's sort of a
publicity stunt by Jack White
>("the guy in the hat"), because he's going to reissue it on his own label.
The question is, will the
>end result sound better than what RCA already achieved 25 years ago? If so,
then yes it's worth the
>hype.
>
>-- Tom Fine

Country Music Hall of Fame