Hi Sam,

I used to use Microsoft Access, but its fussiness made me crazy. Now I use Filemaker Pro. It's not perfect, but it's user-friendly and eminently workable. I recommend it.

-Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sam Brylawski
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 5:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Record cataloging tools

Greetings,

I'm taking an informal survey to see what kind of database applications any subscribers are using to catalog their personal collections. Brian? Beyond Category? An Access app? A Filemaker one?

I know there are a lot of file tag utilities out there. I think Tom F.
especially recommended PerfectMeta (correct me if I'm wrong). But what I'd really like to know of are tools that you use for personal cataloging of CDs, LPs, 78s, etc. In particular, tools you really like!

Thanks.

Sam Brylawski

---