Sorry to go off-topic, but all this has reminded me of the disaster averted when the Taliban tried to destroy the archives at Radio Kabul:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/1979482.stm

Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sistrunk, Wendy
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 3:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Disasters at Commercial Archives plus

Hi, All,

And to complete the picture, I would like to see if we can compile a short list of disasters than have befallen personal, private collections. Some of these personal collections are/have been irreplaceable. Heirs throwing stuff away we already know about.

I guess the message is: look after your stuff as best as may be.

~ Wendy

- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - Wendy Sistrunk, Librarian III Head, Special Formats Metadata & Cataloging University of Missouri--Kansas City Miller Nichols Library, 5100 Rockhill Road Kansas City, MO 64110-2499
phone: (816) 235-5291�� fax: (816) 333-5584 [log in to unmask] http://s.web.umkc.edu/sistrunkw/