On dealing with periods of time rather than dates as Linked Data, I'd
recommend some work by Patrick Golden and Ryan Shaw. Their paper *Period
assertion as nanopublication* will come out in the WWW2015 workshop SAVE-SD
next month.

-Jodi

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:52 PM, Stuart Yeates <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
<snip>

>   d) Dates / Years are 'special' due to the complexity of different
> granularities of specification (sometimes it's a year of birth, sometimes
> it's an exact date, sometimes it's a time and date, sometimes the value is
> not in the Gregirian calendar, ...), but broadly similar functionality is
> available.

<snip>