10.04.2015 09:18, Ross Singer:
> But if you're just using DESCRIBEs, why bother with a triplestore?  Why
> bother storing it natively as RDF at all?
>
> BIBFRAME only touches part of a library's data, and it doesn't make much
> sense to model the rest as RDF.  ...  Even
> more unnecessary if it's sole purpose is to enable queries that are not
> even particularly useful.

It is unfortunate that not much can be said up to now about the use
cases to be expected. Though it was very likely deliberate by LC to not
specify anything about use scenarios when they commissioned the
development of BIBFRAME - so as not to anticipate anything that might
be too library specific or backward.
But one thing is clear: storage methods will have to scale well. Very
well indeed. Both in terms of data volume and access traffic volume.
What's the attitude of OCLC in that regard, and the vendors'? I mean,
they should have some views, based on their experience.

B.Eversberg