I should also note that AFAIK nothing (with one exception [1]) is being
done with indicators in that BF code. Indicators are important [2] and
can even change the meaning of a field, as in the 100 where:

0 - Forename
1 - Surname
3 - Family name

without the indicators there is no way to know that this is a family
name, not the name of a person[3]:

*100* 	*3#**$a*Farquhar family.

Again, presumably this table may not cover everything that is done with
the MARC data by the program, but leaving off an analysis of the
indicators seems unwise.

kc
[1]
https://github.com/zepheira/pybibframe/blob/master/lib/reader/marcpatterns.py#L139
[2] Partial analysis of indicators:
http://futurelib.pbworks.com/w/page/44421482/indicators, with a section
on those that change the meaning of the field.
[3] A better data design would have been to give families their own tag,
but this is a good example of where MARC doesn't follow best practices
for data, and another reason to not carry forward MARC practices. The
use of indicators is a mess of different purposes... well, I could go
on. Just read [2] (which is probably not complete)

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net