On 4/4/15 12:27 PM, Steven Folsom wrote:
> Yes, we will be working with MARC for a while longer. I, too, hope in the meantime that we make strides in sanctioned additions and work arounds to MARC that position us for better days, e.g. more $0 URI’s that are dereferenceable.
Just want to note that some of the same vendors who do authority updates
will also add the appropriate URI in the $0 of the returned record. I've
been told, however, that this service is not being requested by
customers. Getting those $0's filled in would make it possible for all
library systems to produce useful schema.org markup in their displays.
It would also make any conversion to BIBFRAME or RDA in RDF much more
economical because the identifiers would already be available.

So, is anyone doing this? Getting the $0's filled in? Do you have info
to report from your experience?

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net