Millions of triples?  Puhleeze.

At OCLC we've got >300M bib records, around a billion article records and billions of holdings records.  That's going to be a *lot* of triples.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Martynas Jusevicius
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 4:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] How is Bibframe data stored?

Usage patterns do matter, I agree. But if we're only talking about an order of millions of triples, there is no reason to believe that a triplestore could not perform adequately in real-world usage scenarios. This has been done already many times.

To my knowledge, BIBFRAME was designed as an RDF vocabulary and intended for Linked Data use. So it's not me prescribing RDF. RDF is the natural data model of choice here, while RDBMS a source of data from legacy systems. Putting RDF data into an RDBMS makes no sense.