From: Jon Miller
Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 3:57 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>"
Subject: [BIBFRAME] How is Bibframe data stored?

Hi all,

I’m wondering how Bibframe data is stored? I’m wondering if anyone has thought about defining mappings between it and a relational database or at least an object oriented programming model that could be manipulated easily? Does such a thing exist, or are ILS implementers left to figure this out on their own? How is a programmer expected to work with the data? XML parser, then, build your own programming model? On bibframe.org there is a list of classes and properties. If you click on a class, it takes you to a once sentence description of the class. However, it doesn’t enumerate the properties that are applicable to that class. Shouldn’t there be a list of the properties for the class?

Jon