On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 6:41 PM, James Weinheimer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The way I look at it: if all you have is a horse and buggy, you should
use them in the best ways possible. Maybe it's too bad, but it makes no
sense to just wait at home and do nothing until somebody shows up with a Ferrari. You and everyone else could die waiting.

To continue the analogue, it makes sense for people who want the Ferrari to not obstruct the engineers and designers working on it because they like their friendly veterinarian or the current slow pace of horse drawn transportation.  There'll be plenty of mechanics needed in the future, and Ferrari drivers need different skill sets to buggy drivers, but both need to understand the rules of the road.

So ... please lets focus on constructive suggestions for how to improve the current Model T version of the ontology we have now, towards that much sleeker and better performing Ferrari :)

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Information Standards Advocate