I just want to make a point about BIBFRAME abandoning the language neutral numeric tagging of MARC. Because ontologies are written in RDFS and OWL, URIs are what we use to identify classes and properties. This means we can have multiple labels in different languages for classes and properties. Once the model solidifies, this would be work to prioritized by different language speakers.

Here's a quick description of how it works:
http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/12385/how-to-make-multilingual-ontology

I work with a very talented cataloger who responded to an early kick-the-tires session of the BIBFRAME Editor with, "Would it kill you to just use the MARC tags?!?" when discussing fields in the editor. In her defense, she was more than comfortable with the model; it was just a new vocabulary and new (pretty clunky) tool. I bring this up because MARC tags have become their own language spoken with varying levels of fluency within the library domain and nowhere else. After working with library metadata over 10 years I'm still only an entry level MARC speaker; I know what a 502 is, but I have to look up a "blank 4" in the context of 6xx's. Hopefully the learning curve will be less steep for whatever comes next.

Forgive any typos, sent while on the run.