On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Martynas Jusevičius
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> XSLT stylesheet for MARCXML (if it is a loss-less representation of
> MARC) would be orders of magnitude more reusable piece of code than
> this Python script.

Hey Martynas.

It's a transformation language, yes, but is higher level than XSLT as
it operates directly with resources and links, rather than with
elements, attributes, and strings. That its rules are currently
authored in Python rather than in a more apparently-declarative form
like XML, JSON, or Markdown, is just a matter of expediency, really.

We are working on a paper to describe this technology, and have just
submitted a draft to Balisage. Stay tuned.