There is no doubt that Bibframe is a real entity and that for many libraries it will replace MARC.  Even more so, if and when it is implemented by OCLC and other the other national utilities on which most libraries depend.  However, you need to realize that there are still libraries filing catalog cards, keeping Windows XP running so they can continue to use outdated bibliographic software, and using FilemakerPro, MSAccess, and other apps to run their catalogs.  These libraries will never make the leap, since in many cases, even MARC was never fully implemented.  The ILSs that we have entrusted to maintain our data in what we think is the current MARC standard, really only guarantee MARC ingest and output.  What happens to the data once it enters their system has more to do with Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, and other databases on which their system is built than it does on MARC.  The cataloger sees something that resembles MARC (it has fixed and variable fields, the latter with numeric tags and indicators, on the screen), but may or may not be MARC in the background.  Certainly, no cataloger has ever had to directly code the MARC legend! Even what you see in OCLC is not really MARC, since they early on adopted mnemonic tags to address the fixed fields rather than force users to count relative byte positions to get to the value they wanted to enter.

I guess a good question would be, will the cataloger interface change with Bibframe or will the systems into which we enter data continue to ask us to submit the usual elements (author, title, publisher, subjects, etc.) and then place them in their Bibframe context behind the scenes, as they do now with MARC?  I'm betting that catalogers will never have to directly interact with the mark-up required by Bibframe, just as they've never really had to directly interact with MARC.  Cataloger time is simply too valuable to expend on the markup overhead associated with any bibliographic system.

   Charley