I can't help but remember a study that was done here at the UW by an
medical informatics grad student (unpublished I think) that found that the
cognitive load on catalogers was right up there with air traffic
controllers.

And that was under AACR2 still.

Diana Brooking        (206) 685-0389
Cataloging & Germanics Librarian
Suzzallo Library       [log in to unmask]
University of Washington
Box 352900
Seattle WA  98195-2900