Wikipedia is not “dangerous” if you pay attention to the references therein. Spreading the impression that it is “dangerous” (period) is far more dangerous, particularly since that appellation could be extended to its concept of an open, publicly managed format in general. How about “Caution advised with anything on the Internet until we learn to control predators”?

Just curious (I probably should have heard)—has anyone’s cataloged been hacked by bad guys yet? Hmmm, maybe that would make us seem more important, eh?

Cheers!

John G. Marr

DACS

Zimmerman Library

University of New Mexico

Albuquerque, NM 87010

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**

                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but sharing is permitted.