That is interesting for sure.  We can have a bad day, though, and no one will die.

Mary Jane Cuneo

-----Original Message-----
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of D. Brooking
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2015 12:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Best practices in updating authority records

I can't help but remember a study that was done here at the UW by an medical informatics grad student (unpublished I think) that found that the cognitive load on catalogers was right up there with air traffic controllers.

And that was under AACR2 still.

Diana Brooking        (206) 685-0389
Cataloging & Germanics Librarian
Suzzallo Library       [log in to unmask]
University of Washington
Box 352900
Seattle WA  98195-2900