Hi,

I need to create an authority records for an author whose name matches a different person who has already been established. The only information I have about this individual, other than the name that appears on the document being cataloged, is the author's business card that was paperclipped to it. (The document is part of an old backlog of gifts, and was published in 1977.) Searching the Web has not revealed anything else conclusive about this person.

The business card has a piece of information (the person's profession) that I could use to distinguish access points, but I'm not certain if it is acceptable practice to consider it a source. On the one hand, I would hardly consider a business card to be a widely-available reference document; on the other hand, it's the only thing I've got and "all ports in a storm," as they say.

So, would it be ok to record a business card in a 670? (E.g.: "His business card: $b (name, profession)". And if not, any other strategies to support a 374/100 $c?

--Ben

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions and Discovery Enhancement