From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yan Liao
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Need help with a series title

Folks, we have a bit complex situation regarding to establishing a series title.

The book title is Rules of origin in ASEAN. On the book cover and series title page, it has Integration Through Law (big font) The Role of Law and the Rule of Law in ASEAN Integration (small fonts) (no numbering info on cover or title page)

On the title page verso, it has: Integration through law: the role of law and the rule of law in asean integration ; 1

In the publisher's website, it has Integration through law: the role of law and the rule of law in ASEAN integration  http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/law/public-international-law/series/integration-through-law-role-law-and-rule-law-asean-integration with no numbering info.

While searching authority file, there is already another series title established for Integration through law.

Here are the questions:
1. Should the other title info (the role of law and the rule of law in asean integration) be included in the authority record in this case? Or it can only show up in 490 (based on RDA 2.12.4)?

2. Normally we don't use other title information to distinguish series title, but rather using form of the title/other institution/place of the publication, etc. as additional qualifier. So under the case, should 830 for the series title be:
Integration through law (Series) (Cambridge University Press)?

3. Should I include the numbering info? BTW: if trust the numbering info on the t.p, verso (2.12.9), the starting year of the series would be 2015.