From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yan Liao
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Need help with a series title

Amy, thanks a lot for the help. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Turner
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

1. The other title information can show up in the authority record in the 670 field (reflecting the 490) or it can be given in a 667 field (see for example n  96048920).  If you think people are likely to see the other title information as the title, it can be used as a 430 (be sure to check for conflicts)

2. The qualifier (Series) is not needed because you are not distinguishing from a title that is not a series or from a corporate body.  Having checked that "Cambridge University Press" is established in the LCNAF, I would set this up as:

Integration through law (Cambridge University Press)

3. The rule for sources of series information is to work your way down the hierarchy until you find something, then keep going if there are variants.   So the title page verso is a valid source for numbering that is not found in a more preferred source.

Forgive me for not citing rule numbers here.  Under AACR2, a lot of information about series was found only in LCRIs, sometimes only in training material, and I'm still slow at finding things in RDA.  Others can chime in if I have missed anything in this seat-of-the pants answer.

Hope this helps,

Amy