Mark, thanks a lot. The links you provided below do cover the series statement. In my original post, one of the question is regarding to the numbering of the series. In the case that I have, the CIP shows the numbering as 1, which doesn't show up in other places. Based on RDA: http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp2&target=rda2-8012#rda2-8012 , it doesn't conveniently lead to CIP data cannot be used as good source. Thus, I wonder whether that part can also be added to the source of info for the numbering of series.

-----Original Message-----
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ehlert, Mark K.
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Need help with a series title

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yan Liao

>  (As Stephen mentioned, CIP data may not be a good source of info. I
> agree,
> BTW: should the doubt about using CIP data as source info be added to
> the LC-PCC document? It's not clear for now based on the current rule)

Is this what you're looking for?
<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp2&target=lcps2-2202#lcps2-2202>
<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp2&target=lcps2-2442#lcps2-2442>

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

  "Experience is by industry achieved // And perfected by the swift course of time"--Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen of Verona," Act I, Scene iii