Thank you Richard,

I knew there had been some discussion over the years and possibly most
recently on cassettes.  The mess on your picture looks terrible... can you
remember how it turned out?

Ive now found some 2" that has more and on the oxide too.  I'll probably be
taking these apart so will pass on anything out of the norm.

I was wondering about health concerns over breathing any of this in once it
starts rewinding etc.

All the best,
alex.