I'm not disagreeing with anybody, just pointing out that most mold is not
particularly dangerous to human beings (assuming it is not ingested).  It
makes up a huge part of the biosphere and has been on the planet far, far
longer than our little species, which has survived alongside it for several
million years just fine.  Mold spores are everywhere--in what we breathe
and touch every day.  There are a few people with a particular mold allergy
that get a bad reaction, and there are different kinds of mold.  The kind
that invades the walls and ceilings of damp buildings in the Southern US,
particularly with modern construction methods, is nasty but harmless to the
vast majority of people.  I did a legal article about mold infestations
back in the 1990's when that was a very popular form of lawsuit, with
class-action hoopla and big insurance implications.  The wild assumption
made by a number of juries, of course promoted like crazy by the
plaintiffs' bar and based on junk science, was that mold was making
everybody sick.  I am not advocating living with mold infestations, just
pointing out the facts.  The chemicals in tape stock may be a different
story, but cleaning gunk off a tape should not result in inhaling or
ingesting them. I like the idea of good ventilation but I don't see the
need for wearing moonsuits.

Best,
John Haley