Tom --

First of all, WE are way off topic.  If you are really interested here is
some evidence:

Yerba Buena Jazz Band
http://jazzhotbigstep.com/372012.html

Yes, I have some passion on the topic.  I've been broadcasting and
researching this music for three decades and won over a half dozen
broadcast and writing awards on the topic.  I'll invite you to my website
which is a compendium of jazz before 1950 stylistically.  You will join the
more than 15 million annual viewers.

And no, I'm not hung up on the West Coast tuba and banjo "Watters/Murphy
chain-drive."  That is merely one aspect of the revival, but a very large
one influential worldwide. Dismissing them based on prejudice is
inexcusable, sir.

I can name a dozen bands and regional jazz movements worldwide that
launched following directly on, or inspired in no small part by Watters and
company in Australia, England, France, Germany and many regions of the US.

Condon was a promoter and media celebrity.  In the end, his music is mostly
jam sessions.  Ephemeral.

If you wish to engage with me after looking/listening to some of the
content on my site with open ears and mind, I'll be happy to engage
respectfully in an appropriate medium.  Otherwise you're standing on low
ground, my friend.

Tom you are widely informed in many matters. I hope you can cut the
bloviating and learn something new.

Dave Radlauer

--
hm# 510-848-8323