Here's an irony:

In this forum I was critical a few days ago of the Chicago Austin High
Gang, at least in the later jam session phase associated with Eddie Condon.

Oddly, enough, the next tape up in my transfer queue is:  "Austin High
School Reunion Band" (an extreme rarity, Soldier's Field, first and only *Down
Beat Jazz Festival*, Chi. 1965).  The very Condon gang previously
referenced, sans Eddie.  Quite close to the *Summa Cum Laude* with Bud
Freeman, Jimmy McPartland, Pee Wee Russell, Art Hodes, G Wettling, others.
An extreme rarity recorded at Soldier's Field on a 3" reel hand held with
surprisingly good sound!

Go figure,

Dave R

--