Colleagues:

As some of you may know, the UNT Music Library has the privilege of housing
the collection of Willis Conover, jazz producer and broadcaster on the
Voice of America for over forty years; in addition to increasing our
processing efforts on this sizable collection, Music Special Collections
Librarian Maristella Feustle recently secured a Grammy Foundation Grant to
digitize the oldest reel-to-reel tapes contained therein.

A petition has also been created to have Conover recognized on a U.S.
Postal Service stamp, an honor which has been bestowed on many other jazz
personalities in the past -- surely, one of the people widely credited with
bringing jazz east of the Iron Curtain deserves to be included as well.

The petition is located at
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/581/675/038/usps-issue-a-postage-stamp-honoring-willis-conover/;
we would be very grateful to anyone willing to sign and/or share it.

And if you're curious about the contents of the collection, see our
in-progress finding aid at
http://findingaids.library.unt.edu/?p=collections/findingaid&id=133.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Justice