Hi John,

Unless you have a number of 1" 16Tr tapes to transfer, I would avoid
this format. If you need this for a restoration or a transfer project
then the MS-16 would be the preferred model. If you are looking for a
tape deck to get that "analog tape" sound, I would suggest investing in
a good used 2" 16Tr.

I actually have some history with the Teac 1" 16Tr format........I
wasn't impressed.

Cheers!

Corey
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering