Hi Dave Rice, et al:

Another question about the WAV file format. Why is dBPowerAmp's CD ripper able to write tag metadata
to WAV files, and all of my various player software able to read them (Foobar2000, iTunes for
Windows, Logitech server and player software), but if I open the WAV file in Sony Soundforge, do
anything to it and then save it, the tag information is gone? Also, someone I sent one of these WAV
files claimed his software -- either Protools or Logic -- said the file was "corrupted." So what's
going on there? Soundforge and Harrison Mixbus software for Windows have no trouble opening these
WAV files, but seem to discard the tag info or at least don't save it when work has been done on the
file.

-- Tom Fine