Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - ARSCLIST Archives

Partially agreeing with you and Lofty, I'll say this ... if one were coming into it from scratch
today, with no prior knowledge of with platform and no investment in any software, I think most
people would prefer OSX to Windows 8 as a base operating environment (but both are somewhat clunky
and require a lot of mouse-clicking and mouse-moving plus understanding non-intuitive picto-graphs
and symbols to get anything done). Each individual would probably have different preferences as far
as specific software to do specific tasks goes. For those of us used to and comfortable using
Windows software, there are third-party "shells" that make Win8 act like Win7 and it can even be
made to act somewhat like XP. That said, both OS's require much taking a hand off the keyboard and
using a mouse, which slows down things if one knows how to type and is comfortable with a keyboard
as control device.

Regarding the right-clicking mouse, of course I know that modern Apple mouses allow right-click.
Hence the wink-smile symbol. I was poking fun at Jobs' style-over-substance 1-button mouse that was
stubbornly sold for years after the Windows world had moved completely to right-click options. And
no, it's not easier to use two hands (one pushing a keyboard button, the other pushing a mouse
button) to do what can be done with one hand and a two-button mouse.

-- Tom Fine