Hi folks:

As Albert the Alligator would say, EE-NOUGH!!!

As the insults fly, this stops being a group of educated people engaged
in serious discussions of recorded sound, and begins to resemble a
barroom brawl.

I've more or less lost track of what the argument was about. And if
anyone wants to explain it to me, please don't. I will freely stipulate
that the gostak distimms the doshes.

Meanwhile, please, gentlemen, put your knives back in your pockets.

Peace,
Paul

On 5/23/2015 2:10 PM, Aaron Levinson wrote:
> Yeah I actually didn't "denigrate" anything Dave which makes your whole attitude on this subject that much more baffling to me and many others here. You apparently love just making things up and them randomly ascribing them to other people.
>
> "Some people" I guess are just wildly insecure and need to act out in a way that is both undignified and bewildering!
>
> Good luck with that...
>
> AA
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 23, 2015, at 3:52 PM, Dave Radlauer<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>>
>> Aaron --

>> And I don't understand why *some people* --  and this is part of my
>> complaint about contemporary American culture in general  --  insist on
>> denigrating it at the expense of other things.
>>
>> Opinions.  We've all got 'em
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Aaron Levinson<[log in to unmask]
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dave-
>>>
>>> First,  I didn't "invalidate"anything so please don't attempt to speak for
>>> me that's equally offensive and petulant. I asked you to back up your own
>>> assertion of a "significant black audience", I did not make the case for
>>> that barometer in the first place I simply asked for YOUR evidence to
>>> buttress your contention.
>>>
>>> You failed to provide it and then attempted to back pedal and dismiss its
>>> importance. I stand by my simple assertion of trad jazz as atavistic
>>> despite you looking it up in the dictionary.
>>>
>>> Listen you love it and that's great have at it I'm genuinely happy you
>>> are doing the work but you seem intent upon elevating it at the expense of
>>> other things and that strikes me as both petty and mean-spirited and
>>> beneath you and everyone else on this list.
>>>
>>> AA
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

---