On 2015-05-30 1:42 PM, John Chester wrote:
> I note that all those who report no damage to plastic reels are
> maintaining good control of baking temperature.  My nominal baking
> temperature is 53 degrees C, and I am very careful to never exceed 55
> degrees C.

Yes, I think that is key. The food dehydrator never goes above 55
degrees C. Tapes will survive a higher baking temperature as my early
uncontrolled experiments showed (and they bake up faster that way), but
we don't know what other damage occurs, so it's best to follow the
recipe in the Ampex patent with the only modification the extension of
time as we've discussed here many times.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard