I bought a copy of Steinberg/Pittsburgh Robert Russell Bennett "Symphonic Pictures" of "My Fair
Lady" and "Sound of Music", originally issued on Command Classics. This copy has what looks like a
damaged or misprinted Command Classics label (original version, not ABC/Command version) on each
side of the LP and what looks like George Piros's original cut marks, but with someone else etching
in a Capitol SMAS number. The gatefold jacket says Command Classics but also says Manufactured by
Captiol Records and carries a Capitol SMAS catalog number on the spine.

What's the story with this? MCA is the company that acquired Command. So why would Capitol be
printing Command records under their catalog numbering?

-- Tom Fine