In a message dated 5/1/2015 10:22:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

If you don't mind a few hours driving, go to Philadelphia and enjoy  cheese
steaks, the museums and
(carefully) walk around the parts of  downtown where you don't need body
armor. Philly is not the
safest city in  the US, but you should be OK in daylight.

-- Tom  Fine

Sorry Tom - but I live here - in town and walk all the time. The downtown
area is safe and really hopping. When was last time you visited here.
Actually,  I'd be more cautious in Pittsburgh. - though I'm not paranoid.

Yes, it's probably too far for Rainer to drive (just under 5 hours each way
 - if he's flying back from Pittsburgh.

But I had to step up and defend Philly where I've lived and worked for the
last - nearly 50 years).

Steve (who may not see your reply - I'm sure there'll be one <g> -  soon as
we head to New Orleans tomorrow.

Steve Ramm