From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 1:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] another file format question

Hi, Tom,

iZotope has an option to save all metadata (as apparently does FLAC (the container)). Otherwise, only metadata the program knows about is saved.

Hi, Dave,

One thing we have is the ability to embed MD5 checksums in WAV files with the custom-written software BWFMETAEDIT. However, I have found this software a bit problematic from time to time. It was sponsored by a US Federal Government initiative.

Thanks for the further insight. This was the type of discussion I was hoping to engender when I posted the original message.

Cheers,

Richard