From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard L. Hess
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 2:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] another file format question

Hi, Steve,

What I was thinking of in iZotope was the Export File dialogue which contains, across the top:

WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG

For WAV, the options are:

Bit depth, Dither

(check) BWF     (check) Preserve non-audio data

(check) Reopen file in RX    OK     Cancel

It is the two check boxes below Bit depth and dither:

When exporting from RX, the WAV file is created anew.

With BWF checked, I think that passes through the other BWF data.

With Preserve non-audio data, I think that passes through other data (such as the BWF MetaEdit MD5 checksum and probably the tags that Tom is discussing).

Thanks for asking, Steve. I just posted this to the RX forum:

> I may be confused with this, but if I open a Broadcast Wave file
> (generated on a Sound Devices 722) in RX4 and then save it with the
> BWF option checked, it replaces the Sound Devices origination stamp
> with its own and the current date.
>
> I thought that the Origination stamp should not be over-written, but
> that RX should write into the coding history that it had processed the
> file.
>
> I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it seems not to work the way
> I thought it should.

I know nothing about WaveLab since 6.1.

Cheers,

Richard