I�d like to add that what is possible to fit on any reel is not exactly the same as what manufacturers would put on a standard reel size. There is usually an extra quarter inch of protective reel flange.

Afga also had 8� reels, I believe. Memory says they could hold an hour of 1 mil tape at 7.5IPS for radio programs such as Deutsche Welle, which I saw at KQED in around 1973.

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689