Sigh.

Those of us who don’t use the other platform would be well advised to talk about the platform they do know, not the one they don’t know. If you do, you’ll likely be right. If you don’t, you’ll likely be wrong.

For those of us who know one platform well … switching would involve relearning a lot. So it generally isn’t worth the time unless there’s a strong reason to switch, and generalizations (IMHO) are never strong reasons.

In the old days (ca. 1980), IBM had probably the best sales force on the planet. I dealt with them several times. They NEVER would badmouth the competition; if they couldn’t say something nice about it, they wouldn’t say anything. Usually they’d say something like, “Yes, that’s a good machine. You won’t be sorry if you buy it. But I think ours are better, and here’s why.” They sold a lot of copiers against Xerox and Canon that way.

And Tom, I right-click on my Mac all the time.

Lofty