Those are good, Clark, and let me put in a word as a fan and jazz lover.

Listening to the REAL KJAZ in Alameda CA. from age 14 until it was killed off by bad management (who used the station as collateral in a real estate deal gone bad! Shame shame.) I heard loads of tales about the historical jazz scene, and they always named the players on every tune and talked about where they came form and where they went.To this day much of what I know about jazz of all eras came from the on-air guys at KJAZ.

What Dave does is study many sources and obtain and restore lots of live recordings of the particular styles and era he talks about, not just commercial recordings. So his knowledge is about a Mississippi River compared to my piddly jazz lovers stream, so I put great value in his words and the programs he does.

We need more of this scholarly kind of approach, especially when made into good radio programs

Keep talking, yes, with perhaps a bit less vitriol, but by all means discuss at will!

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689