Maddie: I hope you get this in time and can bring your instruments. In my
30+ years of ARSC COnferences I can't remember many jams and Mike Biel
mentioned  Vinny sitting in with band hired for the Banquet but last year in
Chapel Hill, I  asked both Stephen Wade and Dom Flemmons - both PROFESSIONAL
banjo players to  bring their instruments cause I'd like to hang in hotel lobby
and listen. What  started as just two guys playing off each other the first
night became a nightly  event and on Saturday afternoon Cary Moscovitz (who
was also the Banquet  entertainer with his band with Dom sitting in) joined
the group. I captured  much of it on video and - unlike Mike's - is posted
on You tube (I can provide  link). Before the banquet a few others with
instruments (I think Martin Fisher  and one other person) played.

This was FOLK or Americana music - not JAZZ - and it worked in CH. Neither
Dom (whose so busy with his shows) and Stephen are coming this year but
Martin  is and - if he sees this - I hope he'll bring his instrument. I'd love
it if  other bring their portable instruments (I don't play; someone has to
listen !)  that would be great. A lot of folks play the piano but I don't
think we'll find  one sitting around.

Safe travels to Pbgh. I'll see you there.

Steve Ramm

In a message dated 5/24/2015 10:26:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,

I can’t  bring my bass, but I can bring
my fiddle or  mando.

Maddie